15 Home Remedies for Yeast Infections that work fast and are easy to use are briefly reviewed here.
Yeast infection is a fungal infection that occurs mainly in the vagina, resulting in disturbance and discharge of fluids.
It is also known as candidiasis. It happens when yeast particularly Candida Albicans overgrows in the area of the vaginal opening.
Up to 75% of all women are affected by a yeast infection in their lives. burning, itching, and redness are the symptoms of yeast infections.
There are different treatments for fungal infections but we will discuss home remedies that are useful in the treatment of yeast infections.
15 Quick Home Remedies for Yeast Infections:
Though home remedies for yeast infections are easy and natural, one should always get help from a healthcare worker.
This is especially important if you have other concomitant illnesses like diabetes, or immunodeficiency, or are on immunosuppressants such as corticosteroids.
1. Apple cider vinegar (ACV):
- Apple cider vinegar stops the growth of Candida Albicans which is the culprit of this infection. It should not be used in concentrated form because it is very much intense in its action.
- So dilute it by adding water to it. It is given orally and avoided topically because it can cause burning and itching at the place of application, which can worsen the infection.
- ACV can be used in the bathing process. If you add a cup of it to the bathtub, the acidic element damages the dangerous organism in it which can cause infection in your body.
2. Coconut oil:
- It kills the Candida species so it can be used to treat yeast infections. It is applied at the site of infection, resulting in a soothing effect on the vagina.
- It is obtained from coconuts and has natural antifungal characteristics.
- Garlic or garlic extract is a famous antifungal agent, which can be used against Candida Albicans as well.
- It can be helpful by putting a piece of fresh garlic in the vagina but the safer and more effective approach to treat such infections is by adding fresh garlic to the food they eat.
4. Boric acid:
- Boric acid is a very powerful antiseptic agent that can be used where other fungal medication fails to relieve the symptoms of yeast infections.
- It is applied gently over the vagina. The results may take 2 days to appear.
- Boric acid is a potent antiseptic. It can give positive results in up to 95% of women with a yeast infection.
- It is used to treat recurrent infections and before it, treatments of less potency should be tested.
- However, it should not be given in excess amounts because it can cause kidney failure or circulatory failure which can lead to death.
5. Cranberry pills or juice:
- Cranberry juice contains vitamin C, an effective agent against infection. It is believed that it stops the growth and development of Candida and thus can help treat yeast infections caused by it.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infections as well.
- Probiotics are used to treat certain infections because they contain live bacteria. These bacteria can be lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1, etc.
- Apart from treating yeast infections, they can also be used to treat urinary tract infections just like cranberry juice or pills.
- It may take about 10 days to show positive results but to get faster results, use vaginal suppository probiotics.
- Yogurt can be taken as a probiotic substance because it contains both live and active culture.
7. Tea tree oil:
- It is an antifungal and antimicrobial agent, used to treat fungal infections such as candidiasis caused by a yeast, the Candida Albicans.
- It helps to treat such infections by destroying the cell wall and cell membrane of yeasts. Vaginal suppositories are also available to treat candidiasis.
8. Vitamin C:
- Vitamin C also known as ascorbic acid is used to strengthen and boost the immune system. When this happens, the body can defend against yeast infections.
- To get better results, add more and more vitamin C to the diet to heighten the immunity of the body against the foreign entity.
9. Oil of oregano:
- Essential oil of oregano or Origanum Marjoram is very effective in treating yeast infections.
- It modifies the growth of Candida Albicans which is why it helps to remove the infection. It contains a group, thymol, which fights with the causative agent.
- It should be applied gently over the place of infection at night.
10. Olive oil:
- As the oil of oregano is effective in candidiasis, olive oil is also helpful in treating infections caused by yeast.
- The yogurt has probiotic properties because it contains live and active cultures of bacteria.
- It is used to treat yeast infections in women caused by Candida Albicans. These bacteria suppress the growth of yeast in the vagina or any other place in the body.
- Yogurt has natural sugars in it which can cause serious reactions when applied to the vagina. So it should be avoided topically and must be taken orally.
12. Clothes selection:
- Clothes selection is important to avoid fungal infections because sometimes sweaty underwear or clothes after a workout create humidity and dampness in such areas.
- These conditions are very suitable for the culprit of candidiasis, the Candida Albicans to overgrow easily so it should be changed immediately after it gets wet.
- Moreover, use cotton undergarments because they have wider pores in them which can allow the passage of air to pass through them and thus avoid dampness.
13. Use of cold water:
- Cold water is effective in relieving the symptoms of vaginal infections. Hot water or a bath can cause Candida to grow easily because they normally grow in warm damp places.
14. Hygienic control:
- Use unscented soup over such areas because these soups can aggravate the symptoms of vaginal infection.
- Keep that place neat and clean and wash it once a day to avoid humidity. After the bath, clean that place with a dry towel.
- Do not use sugar and canned food. It is because yeast prospers on sugar.